One week until our first visit

It is just over a week 'til we head for Guatemala and we're really getting really excited about seeing little Cole and visiting for the first time.
I just got back from California and got a little carried away at some cool baby boutiques. And I thought I had to worry about Merry spending the $$ on clothes. My man is going to be seriously styling after two trips to Jacadi http://www.jacadi.com/ and this Little Piggy Wears Cotton http://www.littlepiggy.com/. I can't wait to buy him his first golf club or hockey stick!
The shot above is at approximately 2 weeks of age. We get photos regularly...usually when a doctor visits or when someone from the agency visits the home where the baby is staying. At other times, we'll receive pictures at special occasions...such as when we clear a paperwork hurdle.
Tomorrow night we're going to meet with a couple here in town who are also adopting from the same agency and using the same lawyer...pretty cool that our two kids could be growing up in the same city after living together early in life. Hopefully they'll become good friends.
Big plans this week: shopping for a video camera, meeting with our doctor and some last minute shopping for the other newborns and caregivers living at the home.We leave next Thursday and stay until Monday. The really hard part about our visit is going to be the amount of time we have with him--we're only allowed a three-hour visit. I don't know how I am going to be able to drag Merry--let alone myself--out of there after three hours. Hopefully we can charm (or bribe!) the caregivers into a little more time with him. Wish me luck filming all this too!
This last shot was taken near or on his one month birthday. He is nearing at 10llbs and 55 cm! It is a little easier to see how big he is with an adult arm in the pic. Man...this guy is going to break some hearts!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home